Saturday, April 12, 2014

Yes it has been this long! I've been pretty sick with complications from a throat infection and have been working with a team of doctors to get a handle on it. A couple bad reactions to antibiotics, and then steroid treatment have been kicking my butt every day for 3 plus weeks. Doctors say I'm at the point where I may start to turn the corner in the next few days to a week. (I wanted it in writing!.)

Was advised by the docs to stay away from possibile infection sites like the Coventry until we knew that I was stable and not at risk.

Have had the worst sore throat ever so talking has been especially painful. (I hear some say, shut up Glen? Good idea!) Alexa and the Quinnster come first to mind though can't confirm. Just suspicious.

Wanna know anything about cough drops? Ask me! Tied for first, Ricola and Burt's Bees Honey!

Have talked to mom a couple times and one or the other of the family calls her every day tolet her know I'm thinking about her just too hoarse to talk. (I can text them and they can relay)

Word from visitors and staff at Coventry is that she is in good spirits and making progress. I did arrange for the on staff physical therapist Joshua to meet with and work with mom to supplement what the insurance supplied PT/OT are doing. He met for an assessment and called and told me it went well. Like she has her own personal trainer!

I'm told she has been going to several "movie nights" there and is enjoying that a lot!!!

Here are a couple of pics my minions took of mom today.








All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment