Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tuesday update:

I used to say better living through chemistry, but in the elderly LESS is MORE.

Three days removed from the Ritalin and mom has shown a lot of improvement.

Physical therapy was early and I had zero notice so missed it but the reports were that she was very alert and working with the therapists. They approached me when I got there in early afternoon and if not effusive, were quite positive.

The charge nurse Helen saw me in the hall and stopped me to tell me that she had seen a big improvement. Noticing how much more alert she was.

Weigh in today and moms weight was UP 2 lbs. ! So we may have turned the corner and arrested the weight loss finally. A combination of medication adjustments and the dietician making changes to moms meals.

Tonight's dinner was pretty good, mom ate some chicken and broccoli, she ate ALL of the minestrone soup with noodles, nearly licking the bowl.

She also ate half of the ice cream for desert.

Again a word to the wise, be careful of forming opinions on someones state of health with a few visits intermittently. Clearly if you happen in on one of her low moments you'll see one thing but day in day out, the doctors, nurses, therapists and myself all see progress. Everyone can have a bad day and clearly Saturday night was one of those.

All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment